Black Ops Will Be Better Than Modern Warfare 2

  • By MyAlterEgo on

    November 4, 2010

  • If it pleases you, and will help you sleep at night, you can quote me on this title. In fact, I will quote myself here:
    Black Ops will be miles better than Modern Warfare 2.......miles!
    See, that is not something you will see everyday, someone quoting themselves. This is just how confident I am that Black Ops will reign supreme.

    The original Modern Warfare was, in my eyes at least, the best and most innovative FPS to be released on consoles since Halo: Combat Evolved.

    I consider myself a gamer, but not to the point where I am playing 6 hours a day; it's more along the lines of 2-3 hours about every other day. That being said, I put about 6 days of my life into the first Modern Warfare, and to this day I do not regret it. (I had surgery on my elbow, so baseball was out of the picture for the time being, and school was the only thing that kept me from putting about 8 days of my life into that game.)

    The simple removal of the heartbeat sensor attachment; one man army and commando perk; and the nuke killstreak are arguably the biggest reason why BO will be better than MW2. This should help eliminate the massive amount of camping that took place in MW2 -- kids will still camp, but not nearly as much -- and the hundreds of noob tubes and claymores on every square inch of the map.

    There will also be the additions of the wager matches (I am highly anticipating "Gun Game" and "One in the Chamber") and barebones playlist. If you have no idea what these playlists are about, let me enlighten you.

    Wager Matches (from USA Today)
    According to a video from the Call of Duty Youtube channel, Wager Match is a multiplayer mode independent of ranked matches where players can bet in-game currency (more on that shortly) that they will end up one of the top three finishers.

    The mode breaks down into four match types. For "One in the Chamber," players get a pistol with one bullet. If they kill an opponent, they can take their ammo. If not, they must resort to melee attacks to take out a foe. In "Sticks and Stones," players are armed with only crossbows, ballistic knives and a tomahawk.

    In "Gun Game," players earn better weapons for every kill they notch. The first player to progress through every firearm wins. "Sharpshooter" is a multiplayer match where weapons cycle through in timed intervals.
    Barebones (from Digital Warfare and COD Faq)
    This playlist removes killstreaks and perks as well as many other features.
    • Pure (No Perks, Killstreaks, Attachments, Equipment, or Contracts) (12 players)
    • Classic (Killstreaks at 3, 5 and 7) (12 players)
    • Team Tactical (Pure version with mixed bag of objective modes) (12 players)
    The theater mode also peaks my interest, and was mainly added for 2 reasons: (1) for the pleasure of the gamer to relive amazing moments, and (2) too help eliminate glitchers and hackers. #2 is a big one for me, because anyone who has played MW2 has more than likely experienced some kind of ridiculous glitch or hack.

    Things are shaping up quite nicely for Treyarch and Black Ops, so let's hope that myself -- along with the millions of other fans out there -- are not disappointed.

    As a little added bonus, watch this massive video from Gamespot. This is literally over an hours worth of some of the new multiplayer playlists and modes in Black Ops. A little bit of awesomeness does ensue.

    49 comments:

    crazy deals said...

    I've played MW2 and i liked it so much I repeated the campaign four times :)

    For black ops, I've heard the campaign is shorter :)

    Nike Blazer said...

    I havenot played the game . But it looks good . I will try

    Alienware m11x review said...

    I actually liked modern warfare 2 better. I liked the campain mode in black ops but the only multiplayer was this weird zombie shooter thing that I personally didnt care for much. What i thought was a really cool game was the new splinter cell, that was great. Thanks for the post

    Xenon_Man said...

    Great game but not as good as MW2 in my opinion. The graphics looked cartoonish to me

    LED_Fog said...

    This was an ok game

    Mr. super-chip said...

    I actually liked it

    HID_Bulbs_Guy said...

    Best game ever made :)

    German_BMW said...

    I can't wait until the new one comes out

    Pretty_Mercedes said...

    I still haven't had time to play it

    Xenon_Replacement said...

    MW3 is coming soon ;)

    Plasma_LED said...

    I know, can't wait for that game

    LED_Lights said...

    Oh yeah. new one looks tight

    MR. Bubble said...

    Great game but not as good as MW2 in my opinion. The graphics looked cartoonish to me

    Buy domain said...

    I have never played this game but looks like a awesome game, I will try this.

    best hosting service said...

    I am also never played this game but now I got interest to play this game. Mostly I like gun games. So surely I will try this.

    LED_Lights_Man said...

    I can't wait until the new one comes out

    Domain registration india said...

    This games sounds really good but i have never played this.

    OBD_Scanner said...

    You are not missing out much

    Car_Parts_OBD said...

    New one beta is out

    Best hostings said...

    This game sound really great and i love this trailer.

    Super_Flux_LEDs said...

    I hated this game. So overrated

    Mr LED Strobe Lights said...

    I can't wait until the new one comes out

    LED Lights for Homes said...

    I have never played this game but looks like a awesome game, I will try this.

    Dodge_Ram_Parts said...

    Nov 8, new one comes out :)

    Buy Domain India said...

    Already you had been quoted yourself. I am also never played this game. Thanks for sharing.

    Philips _Xenon_HID said...

    This games sounds really good but i have never played this.

    HID_Lights_Bulbs said...

    2 more months left. Get ready :)

    Electric_Supercharger said...

    One of the shittiest game ever, sorry

    Hidlight_Accessories_HID said...

    Just wait for the new one :)

    freshwebmedia said...

    I have never played this game but looks like a awesome game, I will try this.

    Treadmills India said...

    I actually liked modern warfare 2 better. I liked the campain mode in black ops but the only multiplayer was this weird zombie shooter thing that I personally didnt care for much. What i thought was a really cool game was the new splinter cell, that was great. Thanks for the post

    Complete_HID_Kits said...

    Same here, campaign mode was awesome

    BMW_Accessories said...

    I still havent played this one yet

    net curtains said...

    I haven't play this one yet but I thin k it is really cool..

    certified financial planner Houston said...

    I am agree with this post. The Black Ops is really better than Warfair 2.

    Assignment said...

    Great game.

    compare price said...

    I like the game. I liked the campain mode in black ops but the only multiplayer was this weird zombie shooter thing that I personally didnt care for much.Thanks

    Orangesoda reviews said...

    I liked the campain mode in black ops but the only multiplayer was this weird zombie shooter thing that I personally didnt care for much.

    Android development said...

    Warfare will remain the best for me!

    Beccalynn1 said...

    Well I never played this game.I will have to give that try now.


    web design south florida

    Structural Steel Fabricators said...

    Excellent information. This site definitely explains essential concepts to its readers. Thanks for continuing to write such wonderful articles. God bless.

    disc jockey Camarillo said...

    I liked the campain mode in black ops but the only multiplayer was this weird zombie shooter thing that I personally didnt care for much.

    game for android said...

    Free collection of android games sorted by categories and updated every day.

    wildan a said...

    I like the game. I liked the campain mode in black ops but the only multiplayer was this weird zombie shooter thing that I personally didnt care for much.Thanks

    Tom said...

    “Congratulations Admin! Thank you so much for taking the time to share this exciting information.”
    saloncoiffurezara.com

    Service Tax Registration Delhi said...

    After looking at a few of the blog articles on your site, I seriously appreciate your way of writing it. I saved as a favorite it to my bookmark site list and
    will be checking back in the near future.

    Mobile App Development Delhi said...

    Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

    LEDlights said...

    This game sound really great and i love this trailer.

    UI UX Designers Delhi said...

    very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    Post a Comment